Student Volunteer Opportunities
At Olathe Health, students have opportunities to volunteer their time and talent helping our staff provide quality care to patients.
Hospice House Student Volunteer Program
As a student Hospice House volunteer, you can provide assistance in the following areas: Front desk, house assistant and direct patient care. The volunteer coordinator will work with you to determine your placement.
Please mail this application or drop it off in person to:
Olathe Health Hospice Care
Attn: Volunteer Coordinator
Southpark Medical Plaza
20920 W. 151st St, Suite 204
Olathe, KS 66061
You should be contacted within 14 days of receipt of the application. If you are not contacted within 14 days, please call the Hospice office at 913-324-8515.
- Front Desk
- House Assistant
- Direct Patient Care
- AGE: 16 years or older
- TIME COMMITMENT: A minimum of one year of continuous volunteer service
- BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check must be successfully completed
- TRAINING: Attendance at Hospice Volunteer Training is required
- RESTRICTIONS: Volunteer positions may not be used to fulfill court-ordered community service
- HEALTH CLEARANCE: Volunteers are required to complete various health screenings prior to service (TB, MMRV). Volunteers are also required to receive an annual flu vaccine (or wear a mask during flu season from November through April).
- CONFIDENTIALITY: Volunteers are required to maintain confidentiality in their volunteer service.
Contact our Hospice Volunteer Coordinator:
Student Ambassador Program
During the summer, Student Ambassadors are an important addition to Olathe Medical Center. Our summer program offers students the opportunity to give their time while gaining valuable experience within a hospital setting. Students gain great satisfaction from constructive service and develop a sense of civic responsibility while performing day to day non-medical functions in their assigned area.
Request an application by contacting Abby Hardwick, Volunteer Services Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 913-791-4380. Student volunteer opportunities are limited and based upon department availability.
- AGE: 14 years of age or older (18+ is required in our Emergency Care Center) prior to March 1 and enrolled in high school or college courses.
- TIME COMMITMENT: Minimum of 4 hours a week during June and July (8 weeks total).
- APPLICATION PROCESS: Contact the Olathe Medical Center Volunteer Services Manager, Abby Hardwick, prior to February 15 of the year summer placement is desired to request an application packet.
- HEALTH CLEARANCES: Submit completed immunization form included in application packet.
- PARENTAL PERMISSION: Applicants under the age of 18 must submit a completed parental permission form.
- TRANSPORTATION: Must have reliable transportation and be dependable to arrive on time as scheduled. On-site parking is available.
- CONFIDENTIALITY: Student Ambassadors must abide by all patient confidentiality guidelines, customer service expectations and hospital policies.
- TRAINING: All Student Ambassadors are required to attend the student orientation on the date provided in your acceptance packet. Department specific training will also be provided upon placement.
- UNIFORM: All Student Ambassadors are required to wear an Olathe Medical Center polo provided at orientation.
Contact our Volunteer Services Coordinator: