Olathe Health Hospice Care has been operating for more than 30 years, providing services to patients who are facing end-of-life illnesses. As a volunteer, you will assist our staff and help them provide quality care to our patients and their families.
For more information:
Amy Potts, Hospice Volunteer Coordinator
913-324-8515, press 1, press 4
Adult Hospice Volunteers
Hospice volunteers fulfill a variety of roles. We will match your role to your skills and interests to ensure that your donation of time and energy won’t be wasted.
Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Spiritual Companion
- In-Home Companion/Caregiver Relief
- Hospice House
- Patient Care Provider
- Pet Therapy / Massage Therapy / Sewing & Crafts
Orientation and training are provided prior to placement. Opportunities are available throughout our service area including Johnson, Miami, Douglas, Franklin, Linn, Anderson and Wyandotte counties.
Hospice Volunteer Requirements:
- AGE: 16 years or older
- TIME COMMITMENT: A minimum of one year of continuous volunteer service
- BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check must be successfully completed
- TRAINING: Attendance at Hospice Volunteer Training is required
- RESTRICTIONS: Volunteer positions may not be used to fulfill court-ordered community service
- HEALTH CLEARANCE: Volunteers are required to complete various health screenings prior to service (TB, MMRV). Volunteers are also required to receive an annual flu vaccine (or wear a mask during flu season from November through April).
- CONFIDENTIALITY: Volunteers are required to maintain confidentiality in their volunteer service
How to Apply:
- Download an application here.
- Please mail this application or drop it off in person to:
Olathe Health Hospice Care
Attn: Volunteer Coordinator
Southpark Medical Plaza
20920 W. 151st St, Suite 204
Olathe, KS 66061
You should be contacted within 14 days of receipt of the application. If you are not contacted within 14 days, please call the Hospice office at 913-324-8515.
Student Hospice Volunteers
We have opportunities for student volunteers at the Hospice House. Click here for details.