Patients who have chronic pain experience more than just physical pain--they may be unable to work or miss out on the things they love.
They aren’t alone: a recent study of American adults found that 57 percent suffered from persistent or recurrent pain. Chronic pain is a real disease and a growing healthcare concern.
The Pain Management Center
Pain management physicians at Olathe Health's Pain Management Center are devoted to the diagnosis and treatment of patients suffering from chronic pain. They help identify causes of chronic pain conditions and educate patients about their conditions. There are many pain management therapies that can help patients achieve pain relief, improved function and return to work and activity.
Pain management physicians treat patients at the Pain Management Center Monday-Friday and at Miami County Medical Center Outpatient Specialists on Wednesdays. To make an appointment at the Olathe clinic, call 913-829-4001. For the Miami County clinic, call 913-294-6615.
Conditions pain management specialists treat include:
- Arthritis pain
- Back pain
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Neck pain
- Nerve damage
- Muscle spasms
- Persistent pain after surgery
- Pinched nerves
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy
Procedures performed by pain management specialists include:
- Caudal epidural steroid injections
- Cervical epidural steroid injections
- Lumbar discography
- Facet joint injections
- Intrathecal pump implant
- Joint injections (hips, shoulders, knees)
- Radiofrequency neurotomy
- Lumbar sympathetic blocks
- Lumbar transforaminal epidural steroid injections
- Medial branch blocks
- Sacroiliac joint steroid injections
- Spinal cord stimulator implant
- Stellate ganglion blocks
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Botox injection for migraine headache
- Cooled RF of knees