Our registered dietitians help empower each patient to create and manage a healthy lifestyle.
Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) Services
Using MNT, our registered dietitians (RD) provide reliable, objective, disease-specific nutrition information to help each patient reach their lifestyle and health goals.
RDs teach, coach and guide patients so they understand how food and nutrition play an important role in protecting and improving their health. RDs are specially trained to counsel patients on areas of health that are affected by the food they consume that requires individualized meal plans.
Learn More or Schedule an Appointment
Ask your physician for a referral to meet privately with an outpatient registered dietitian to develop a nutrition plan for your specific needs. Insurance coverage may apply; call your insurance provider for more details. For more information, or to schedule an appointment, call 913-791-3500, ext. 4014.
The patient’s partner, or caregiver, is highly encouraged to attend the MNT appointment.
MNT/Nutrition Services Available for the Following:
- Weight Loss for Overweight Patients
- Weight Gain for Underweight Patients
- Weight Loss for Overweight Pediatric Patients
- Weight Gain for Underweight Pediatric Patients
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol and Triglycerides (Dyslipidemia)
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Heart Failure
- Enteral Tube Feeding
- Gastroesophageal Reflux
- Celiac Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Crohn’s Disease
- Liver (Hepatic) Diseases (Hepatitis, Cirrhosis)
- Nutrition During and After Cancer Treatment (Including Side Effect Management)
- Prevention of Unintended Weight Loss
- Nutrition for Head and Neck Cancer
- Back to the Basics Nutrition Education
- Eating Well on a Budget
- Meal Planning and Meal Prep for Busy Individuals
- Healthy Cooking Techniques
- Intuitive and Mindful Eating, Appetite Awareness
- Sports Nutrition
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Lung (Pulmonary) Disease
- Kidney (Renal) Disease
- Food Allergies
- Osteoporosis and Bone Density
- Vitamin and Mineral (Micronutrient) Deficiencies
- Adequate Nutrition for Vegan and Vegetarian Diets
- Pregnancy and Lactation