Welcome to Olathe Health!
welcome visitors and guests in our medical centers and recognize they
are an important part of a patient's stay and recovery. Below you'll
find helpful information about area hotels, food and dining facilities,
gift shops, maps, free valet parking, visiting hours and free wi-fi
If the information you are needing is not here, please email us or call us at 913-791-4200 with your questions.
Visiting Hours and Guidelines
Support and help from friends and family can speed the healing process, so Olathe Medical Center and Miami County Medical Center encourage visitors whenever possible. We do ask that you follow some guidelines, which have been established to provide our patients with a positive healing environment.
General Visiting Hours
Olathe Medical Center: 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Miami County Medical Center: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
General Visiting Guidelines
- Children 12 years old or younger must be accompanied by an adult when visiting a patient. Permission from a nurse is required for any visiting child under six years old. Please remember that children are susceptible to acquiring infections while at the hospital, and children who are ill should not visit as they pose a risk of spreading an illness.
- Check with your nurse before bringing food or beverages to patients at the hospital. Unprescribed supplements to the diet can hinder the recovery process. Our nutritional care staff is trained to meet the dietary needs of our patients.
Olathe Medical Center: 913-791-4343
Miami County Medical Center: 913-557-4385
Free wireless Internet access is provided for all visitors to Olathe Medical Center and Miami County Medical Center to use with their personal handheld or laptop computers equipped with compatible wireless cards.
How to access the network on your wireless device:
- Search and connect to the SSID called OHSIGuest.
- After connecting, open a Web browser window.
- If connected, a disclaimer of warranties will appear. Click Accept to enable free wireless access to the Internet.
- Users should reference documentation on their device about connecting wirelessly, as there is no hospital-provided support for this service.
Food Service and Vending Machines
Olathe Medical CenterAt Olathe Medical Center, visitors can eat at the cafeteria, located on the first floor of the medical center, or at Subway, which is in the lobby of The Doctors Building II.
The cafeteria is open Monday - Friday from 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and Saturday - Sunday from 7 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Breakfast is served until 10:30 each morning. Subway is open Monday - Friday from 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Vending machines are located outside of the cafeteria, in the third and fifth floor lobbies, on the first floor of The Birth Place, and on the first floors of The Doctors Building I and II.
Miami County Medical CenterComplimentary coffee and beverages are available for families of patients in the dining room at Miami County Medical Center. Family members involved in the care of patients may receive complimentary guest trays; please ask your nurse for more information.
Vending machines are located in the patient registration admissions area, and offer sandwiches, soups, fruit juices, snacks and beverages.