The Birth Place
What a wonderful place to have your baby!
At The Birth Place at Olathe Medical Center, we believe that childbirth should be the experience of a lifetime. We are your trusted partner during pregnancy, delivery and beyond. Use the links below to find out more about our services, physicians, amenities, the stages of pregnancy and download important forms. You can also enjoy patient stories from The Birth Place families.
New The Birth Place with Neonatal ICU Opening Spring 2017!
Our new four-story obstetrics wing with a Level II neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) is scheduled to open in spring 2017. It will include single-family rooms equipped with incubators, ventilators and specialized monitoring equipment to care for sick and premature newborn infants born at 32-weeks gestational age or greater, as well as full-term babies who need extra support. The Level II NICU staff includes RNs specially trained in the care of high-risk infants, neonatal nurse practitioners and board-certified neonatologists. Below are a few of the amenities that will be included:
- Single-family NICU rooms so parents can stay with their baby.
- Expanded well-baby nursery.
- Private, suite-like rooms with whirlpool tubs and queen-size beds.
- Adjoining rooms so when twins are delivered, parents have access to both babies.
- Breast pumps and warmers in each room.
- Webcam in the NICU so family out of town can see baby when camera is turned on.
- Each room will have a mini-fridge.
- Each room will have a newborn tub/sink for baths.
- Each room will have all the necessary equipment for the pediatrician to complete baby's assessment in the room.
- 24/7 room service will be available.
- Parent-only room on the NICU floor where parents can socialize and bond with other NICU parents.