Helping You Get Back in the Game After an Injury
Our Sports Clinical Specialists are specially-trained Physical Therapists who provide evaluation and treatment of all sports-related and musculoskeletal injuries.
Gardner, Kansas 66030 913-324-8680
Olathe, Kansas 66062 913-324-8685
Olathe, Kansas 66061 913-324-8638
About Olathe Health Rehabilitation Services
Olathe Health offers a wide range of Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech-Language Pathology and specialty therapies for children and adults. Our licensed therapists work with inpatients at Olathe Medial Center and Miami County Medical Center and outpatients at 11 convenient locations in Johnson and Miami counties.
Certified Therapists provide specialty rehabilitation services like Hand Therapy, Pediatric Therapy, LSVT for patients with Parkinson's and more.
Our Sports Therapy Program
Our Sports Therapy Physical Therapists are certified Sports Clinical Specialists. These Physical Therapists work directly with sports medicine physicians to provide rehabilitation therapy services for competitive and recreational athletes of all ages.
Common Orthopedic and Sports Injuries:
- Shoulder tendonitis
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Back injuries
- Patellofemoral pain
- ACL reconstruction
- Hip pain
- Ankle sprains and strains
- Post-surgical pain and weakness
Tips to Avoid Sports Injuries:
- Progressively train your body for the demands of any sport slowly and systematically. Jumping into any sport you have not conditioned your body for will increase your risk for injury.
- Modest warm up and cool down are important to prevent muscle injury. Stretching before and after activity is important too. This is important if you are sprinting in your sport, as quadriceps and hamstrings are then more prone to injury.
- ALWAYS wear appropriate protective equipment for a given sport. It is also important to use the equipment how it is designed to be used, especially when involving contact sports.
- Lower extremity (ankle, knee, hip) injuries are often linked to weak and under-trained gluteal and core muscle groups. Strength and conditioning programs should include these groups.