Awards & Accreditations
American College of Radiology Accreditation – Mammography and US Breast Biopsy
American College of Radiology Accreditation – Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
American College of Radiology Accreditation – General US and Vascular US
Our Radiology Services
Radiology services at Olathe Health are provided by skilled specialists on an inpatient and outpatient basis at both Olathe Medical Center and Miami County Medical Center.
We consistently invest in the latest technology, techniques and staff development to ensure we’re capturing the clearest, most exact internal static and dynamic images possible.
Our radiology team delivers high-quality medical imaging using the latest technology available.
We perform the following imaging options, including:
- Carotid Doppler Ultrasound: Uses high-frequency sound waves to create pictures of the inside of your carotid arteries and show how blood is moving through your arteries. Carotid ultrasound is done to detect plaque buildup in one or both of the carotid arteries in the neck and to see whether the buildup is narrowing your carotid arteries and blocking blood flow to the brain.
- Computed Tomography: Used to create detailed images of bones, organs, soft tissue and blood vessels. Computers can combine these pictures to create a 3D model of different areas of the body, such as the heart.
- Echocardiogram: Uses high-frequency sound waves to make pictures of your heart. The test is also called echocardiography or diagnostic cardiac ultrasound.
- HeartScore64 Calcium Score Screenings: Your calcium score is a measure of the calcium buildup in your heart, as well as your risk of heart disease. HeartScore64™ is a painless, non-invasive CT scan at Olathe Medical Center that determines your calcium score within minutes.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI): Can produce clear, clean and detailed images of internal structures. An MRI uses radio waves, magnets and a computer to create detailed pictures of the body, and may help explain results from other imaging tests such as X-rays and CT scans.
- Mammograms: Specialized X-rays of the breast used to identify changes in the breast tissue. It is used to detect and diagnose breast disease in women who either have breast problems, such as a lump, pain or nipple discharge, as well as for regular recommended breast cancer screenings.
- 3D Mammograms (also called breast tomosynthesis): Available at the Women’s Imaging Suite in the Olathe Health Pavilion. 3D mammograms help doctors to look at breast tissue in dozens of tiny layers, which means more precise imaging to reduce unnecessary, and sometimes worrisome callbacks. 3D mammography is especially effective for invasive and hard-to-find cancers, and for women who are high risk or who have dense breast tissue.
- Nuclear Stress Test: Measures blood flow to your heart at rest and while your heart is working harder as a result of exertion or medication. The test provides images that can show areas of low blood flow through the heart and damaged heart muscle.
- PET/CT Imaging (Positron Emission Tomography – Computed Tomography): A PET scan measures important body functions, such as blood flow, oxygen use and sugar (glucose) metabolism, to help doctors evaluate how well organs and tissues are functioning. CT imaging uses special X-ray equipment, and in some cases a contrast material, to produce multiple images or pictures of the inside of the body.
- Ultrasound: Used to generate a clear picture of soft tissues (which don’t show up well on an X-ray).
- X-ray: Helps doctors spot broken bones, injuries or infections.
In addition to these diagnostic imaging tests, our radiologists can perform interventional radiology procedures. An interventional radiologist can use an MRI, or another form of imaging test, in order to spot an issue, such as a blood clot or a torn blood vessel. When the source of the issue has been identified, the radiologist can insert tools and correct the problem, without making a large incision.
Scheduling an Imaging Appointment
Outpatient imaging appointments are available at Olathe Medical Center, Olathe Health Pavilion, Miami County Medical Center and at many of our Olathe Health Physician clinics throughout our service area.
The doctor ordering your radiology test will communicate with you about where and when your appointment will be scheduled.
If you have a radiology referral form from your doctor and wish to schedule your appointment directly at one of our locations, please call 913-791-4395.
Schedule Your Mammogram Online
Current patients who have Patient Portal access can now schedule their mammograms online!
Regular mammogram screenings are key in diagnosing breast cancer early.
Olathe Health Locations
Olathe Health Pavilion21120 W. 152nd St.
Olathe, Kansas 66061 913-791-3500 ext. 4789
United Imaging Consultants, LLC5800 Foxridge Dr.
Mission, Kansas 66202 888-960-1393