Treatment for pelvic/spine, bowel/bladder, pregnancy/postpartum and musculoskeletal issues
With more than 35 years of combined experience in treating this unique population, our highly-trained Physical Therapists are sought out by patients locally, as well as outside the Kansas City area.
Our Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation Program
This unique program specializes in the evaluation and treatment of common physical impairments experienced by men and women. Our Physical Therapists have advanced training in the areas of pelvic/spine, bowel/bladder and orthopedic rehabilitation for the male and female populations, as well as treatment of pregnancy/postpartum and musculoskeletal issues. Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation is offered in Olathe and Paola.
About Our Program
- Incontinence of the bowel/bladder
- Overactive bladder (increased urgency and frequency)
- Painful bladder syndrome (interstitial cystitis)
- Bowel dysfunction (constipation, outlet obstruction)
- Pelvic pain (including vaginal/rectal conditions)
- Dyspareunia (painful intercourse)
- Vulvodynia (including vaginismus)
- Coccydynia (tailbone pain)
- Pudendal neuralgia
- Pregnancy/Postpartum musculoskeletal pain
- Pelvic organ prolapsed
- Diastasis Recti
- Back pain/ Sacroiliac joint dysfunction
- Manual therapy techniques to relax tight muscles or realign joints
- Therapeutic exercises to stretch or strengthen various muscles
- Modality treatments, such as ultrasound or electrical stimulation, for pain management
- Biofeedback treatments to improve body awareness
- Education regarding posture, body mechanics, support binders, diet, bowel and bladder health, general fitness and pre/postnatal fitness
For more information about our Pelvic Floor Rehab program, contact one of the following clinics:
Olathe Health Rehabilitation Services - Paola
Common Pelvic Rehab Needs
Bowel and Bladder
According to the International Continence Society, 80 percent of people with urinary incontinence can be greatly improved or cured with conservative treatment including Physical Therapy. Our Physical Therapists will provide instruction on specific techniques and exercises to retrain the pelvic muscles and educate on healthy bowel and bladder habits.
More than 50 percent of women with pelvic pain report limiting their daily activities one or more days of the month and 90 percent of them report pain with intercourse. Pelvic pain is often associated with scar tissue, muscle or joint restrictions in the pelvic region and can occur in men as well. Our Physical Therapists will manually treat these dysfunctions as well as educate on relaxation and stress management techniques.
Pregnancy and Postpartum
Research shows that 75 percent of all pregnant women experience back pain. They may also experience injury during childbirth. Our Physical Therapists are specially trained to treat these issues in this special population.
About Olathe Health Rehabilitation Services
Olathe Health offers a wide range of Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech-Language Pathology and specialty therapies for children and adults. Our licensed therapists work with inpatients at Olathe Medial Center and Miami County Medical Center and outpatients at 11 convenient locations in Johnson and Miami counties.
Certified Therapists provide specialty rehabilitation services like Hand Therapy, Pediatric Therapy, LSVT for patients with Parkinson's and more.
Paola, Kansas 66071 913-294-6679
Olathe, Kansas 66061 913-324-8638