Our Home Healthcare Services
Olathe Health’s Home Healthcare team includes professional nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, medical social workers, dietitians, nurses certified in wound care/ostomy and home health aides who assist patients in the home environment.
Our Home Healthcare services are accredited by Medicare and Joint Commission. We serve residents of Johnson, Miami, Douglas, Franklin, Linn, Anderson and Wyandotte counties.
Many people qualify for home healthcare services without realizing that they do. While a large percentage of patients leaving the hospital can receive care at home, some other patients who visit their physician for routine check-ups may also meet the requirements to receive home assistance. If you or a loved one have a chronic disease, mobility issues or require regular medical appointments, ask your doctor whether home healthcare services are available. Home healthcare services are usually less expensive, more convenient and as effective as care you would receive in a hospital or skilled nursing facility.
Our Home Healthcare program provides care seven days per week, and our after-hours nurses are on-call to assist patients if problems arise.
Olathe Health’s Home Healthcare services include:
- Wound care for pressure sores or surgical wounds
- Patient and caregiver education
- Intravenous or nutrition therapy
- Monitoring serious illness and unstable health status
- Ostomy care
- Post joint replacement care
- Balance/vestibular therapies
- Driving screenings (determine need for further evaluation)
- Low-vision program support
- Nutrition care and support
- Hearing impaired communication device program services