The need is great, but so is the power of organ donation.
Did you know?
- More than 100,000 men, women and children await lifesaving organ transplants (2,200 in Kansas and Missouri).
- Every 9 minutes another person is added to the national transplant waiting list.
- In 2021, nearly 20,400 donors brought new life to recipients and their families.
You have the power to give life.
A single organ donor can save as many as eight lives and enhance the lives of another 100 people, and Olathe Health is proud to partner with the Midwest Transplant Network to save and enhance lives through organ, eye and tissue donation.
- Anyone can register to be an organ, eye and tissue donor, regardless of age, race or medical history.
- A national system matches available organs with people on the waiting list.
- Most major religions around the world support organ, eye and tissue donation.
- Donor status does not affect medical care. Every effort will be made by medical professionals to save lives before donation is considered and a separate team is notified.
Read recipient stories.