We emphasize a family-centered approach to birth options, partner coaching, and informed choices. You and your support person will learn about coping with common discomforts of pregnancy and labor through positioning, massage, breathing techniques, visualization and total body relaxation. Various medications are explained and practiced, so you can determine which techniques work best for you.
Learn how to differentiate true from false labor, what to do if your “water” breaks, warning signs that require a call to your physician, and reasons why internal fetal monitoring, induction of labor, instrumentation or cesarean birth may be necessary.
Additional class information:
- Infant care is not covered in this convenient one-session class due to time constraints.
- The price includes the pregnant woman and one support person.
- Wear comfortable clothes and bring a blanket/mat and two pillows for use with floor exercises.
- Please feel free to bring any snacks/meals or drinks to class.
- Due to distractions to others, we ask that you not bring children to class.
If you have any questions, or if a class is full, please contact the Parent Education Department at 913-791-4312 opt. 2 in advance of the event.
In case of inclement weather, please call the hospital operator at 913-791-4200 to see if your class has been canceled.
OMC The Birth Place
20333 W. 151st St.
Olathe, KS USA
The Parent Education classroom is located behind the Security Desk and elevators on the first floor of The Birth Place.
Park in the lot in front of The Birth Place main entrance.