A Program Designed to Combat Fatigue and Increase Energy
About Our Cancer Fatigue Management Program
Olathe Health Rehabilitation Services has developed a comprehensive evaluation and treatment plan for CRF tailored specifically to a patient’s functional capabilities, goals, hobbies and interests. This program works with cancer patients and their families to regain the energy and motivation needed to improve their health and independence. We even have a fatigue management program designed specifically for breast cancer patients.
Who Might Benefit from CRF Treatment?
Anyone who is or has gone though cancer treatment and struggles with excessive fatigue that limits one’s ability to complete their daily activities.
Causes of CRF:
Cancer and the side effects of treatment cause this condition. If your body is already weakened by cancer when treatment begins, then it is even more difficult to cope with the side effects.
These conditions are caused by cancer or cancer treatment, such as chemo- , radiation- or hormonal therapies.
Signs of Fatigue:
- Low energy level
- Generalizes weakness
- Decreased attention span
- Sleep disturbances
- Increased difficulty with daily tasks
- Tire quickly following light activity
- Long-lasting short term memory difficulties
Benefits of Attending Our CRF Program:
- Training on energy conservation and work simplification techniques
- Education on a modified daily activity routine
- Tailored individualized exercise programs
- Pain coping techniques
- Tips for regaining and improving healthy muscle strength
- Help to improve endurance
How to Get Started
Ask your doctor whether CRF treatment at Olathe Health Rehabilitation Services might be right for you, or call Rehabilitation Services at 913-791-4325 for more information on our CRF management program.