The Bi-State Stroke Education Consortium is composed of twenty-nine health organizations and the American Stroke Association. These organizations have agreed to collaborate to enhance the educational opportunities for providers of stroke care across the continuum.
Free to Olathe Health employees and members of the Bi-State Consortium. If not a member of the Bi-State Consortium, the fee is $40 per registrant ($20 for student registration). Payment is due during registration the day of the presentation (exact cash, check or credit card accepted). Online payment is not accepted.
- Sessions: 1
- August 28
- 8:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Olathe Health Education Center21201 W. 152nd St.
Olathe, Kansas 66061
This building is located on the Olathe Medical Park campus.Get Directions
Upon completion of this live presentation, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss the acute care of patients presenting with non-traumatic intracranial hemorrhage including diagnostic work-up, surgical intervention, blood pressure management, cerebral edema treatment, and seizure control.
- Identify the screening process for stroke used by EMS and treatment protocols in place prior to arrival to the Emergency Room.
- Discuss the process and/or protocols for deciding the level of care needed by patients exhibiting signs of stroke in the community (primary stroke center vs. comprehensive stroke center).
- Discuss the results of the DAWN trial and its implications for the treatment of patients with large vessel occlusion and last known well time from 6-24 hours.
- Identify criteria for transfer to a Comprehensive Stroke Center for consideration of mechanical thrombectomy in patients beyond the 3-4.5 hour last known well window.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the changes in tPA inclusion and exclusion criteria based in the evidence outlined by the recent 2018 Ischemic Stroke Guidelines.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
Olathe Medical Center (OMC) Education Department is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Kansas State Board of Nursing. This course offering is approved for 4 contact hours applicable for APRN, RN or LPN relicensure. Kansas State Board of Nursing Approved Provider Number LT0048-0749.
OMC is accredited by the Kansas Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
OMC designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Franklin County Emergency Medical Services is an approved program provider of continuing education by the Kansas Board of Emergency Medical Services, PP #7300 Kansas Core Component Cardiovascular/Options: Stroke 4 hours
COURSE FEE AND REGISTRATION
Registration and continental breakfast begins at 8 a.m.
Course is free to Olathe Health employees and members of the Bi-State Consortium. If not a member of the Bi-State Consortium, the fee is $40 per registrant ($20 for student registration). Payment is due during registration the day of the presentation (exact cash, check or credit card accepted).
Olathe Health employees register on Healthstream.
Non-Olathe Health employees can register online using the green Register button located above. Payment cannot be made online. Payment is due during registration the day of the presentation (exact cash, check or credit card accepted).
Please call 913-791-4312 if unable to attend. Due to distractions to others, we ask that you not bring children to CNE programs.