The Bi-State Stroke Education Consortium is composed of twenty-nine health organizations and the American Stroke Association. These organizations have agreed to collaborate to enhance the educational opportunities for providers of stroke care across the continuum.
Free to Olathe Health employees (register through HealthStream) and members of the Bi-State Consortium. If not a member of the Bi-State Consortium, the fee is $40 per registrant ($20 for student registration). Payment is due during registration the day of the presentation (exact cash, check or credit card accpeted).
- Sessions: 1
- August 29
- 8:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Olathe Health Education Center21201 W. 152nd St.
Olathe, Kansas 66061
This building is located on the Olathe Medical Park campus.Get Directions
Upon completion of this live presentation, the participant will be able to:
- Review the most recent guidelines for primary prevention and secondary management of hypertension including lifestyle modifications and pharmaceutical interventions.
- Discuss treatment goals and strategies in the care of patients in the post-acute phase of stroke care including interventions to:
- Reduce post-acute complications
- Optimize motor function
- Improve communication and cognition
- Prevent secondary strokes
- Help with social integration and coping skills
- Discuss the incidence of stroke secondary to embolic events and the non-invasive interventions available to prevent its occurrence including closure of left atrial appendage and closure of patent foramen ovale.
- Review evidence based recommendations for primary stroke prevention and discuss practices that assist health providers in supporting patients in lifestyle modification to improve health outcomes.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
Olathe Medical Center (OMC) Education Department is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Kansas State Board of Nursing. This course offering is approved for 4.5 contact hours applicable for APRN, RN or LPN relicensure. Kansas State Board of Nursing Approved Provider Number LT0048-0749.
OMC is accredited by the Kansas Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
OMC designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
COURSE FEE AND REGISTRATION
Registration and continental breakfast begins at 7:30 a.m.
Course is free to Olathe Health employees (register through HealthStream) and members of the Bi-State Consortium. If not a member of the Bi-State Consortium, the fee is $40 per registrant.
Olathe Health employees register on Healthstream.
Non-Olathe Health employees can register online using the green Register button located above.
If you’re registered and unable to attend, please call the OMC Education Department at 913-791-4312. Due to a distraction to others, we ask that you not bring children to the CNE program.