This class is for parents-to-be to learn the basics of baby care: how to hold, diaper, swaddle, care for the skin and umbilical cord, bathe a newborn, and take a temperature.
- Sessions: 1
- May 6
- 7:00 PM - 9:30 PM View all Infant Care dates
The Birth Place20333 W. 151st St.
Parent Education Classrooms
Olathe, Kansas 66062
Enter through The Birth Place. Classrooms are located on the 1st floor, behind the elevators.Get Directions
Additional class information:
This class will review normal infant behaviors, signs of illness and when to call the doctor. Standard newborn screening tests and hospital procedures are explained. Safety topics such as safe sleep practices (to reduce the risk of SIDS), car seat basics, and recognizing jaundice are addressed, as well as other common concerns. You'll take home many additional resources.
- Please feel free to bring any snacks/meals or drinks to class.
- Due to distractions to others, we ask that you not bring children to class.
- If you have any questions,please contact the Education Department at 913-791-4312 in advance of the event.
- In case of inclement weather, please call the hospital operator at 913-791-4200 to see if your class has been canceled.