They're the friendly faces that greet you when you walk into the lobby, or help you get signed in for a procedure, or assist you with directions. They are our Olathe Health volunteers, and they help in more ways than you may know.
More than 300 volunteers help out at Olathe Medical Center, Miami County Medical Center, Olathe Health Clinics and the Hospice program. In 2017, they donated 32,000 hours to our patients, families and staff. In honor of National Volunteer Week, here are a few more facts about our amazing volunteers:
- Volunteers are in almost 50 different departments/areas throughout our organization.
- Many volunteers have been donating their time for years, even decades!
- Hospice volunteers work in patient homes, the Hospice House, the hospice office or a combination of locations across a seven-county service area.
- Volunteers also donate time from home sewing stuffed HUGS for pediatric patients, knitting baby caps and blankets, and sewing pillows for hospice patients.
- Students also volunteer their time and talent at Olathe Medical Center and the Hospice House.
- Since 1987, the Ambassador organization has given more than $815,000 back to Olathe Health in the form of capital campaign pledges, memorials, honorariums, event sponsorships and the Margaret Deshler Scholarship fund.
Interested in volunteering with us? For Olathe Medical Center, contact Abby Hardwick, Volunteer Services Manager, at 913-791-4380, or firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information. If you're interested in volunteering with the Hospice Program, contact Amy Potts, Hospice Volunteer Coordinator, at 913-324-8515, press 1, press 4, or email@example.com.
You might also be interested in:
Congratulations to Melonie Godbold for being chosen as an Outstanding Associate of 2019!Read More >
Matthew Sherman, PA-C, is now providing general surgery care in Paola.Read More >
Congratulations to Amy Gomerdinger for being chosen as an Outstanding Associate of 2019!Read More >