Certified vestibular physical therapists evaluate and treat patients with vertigo, balance and movement-related dizziness. Vestibular rehabilitation patients are provided with appropriate habituation exercises, balance retraining and positional maneuvers to allow them to manage and control their symptoms.
What is Vestibular Rehabilitation?
Vestibular rehabilitation is an exercises approach to managing symptoms of inner ear disorders.
The main focus of the program is to:
• Decrease dizziness
• Improve stability with ambulation
• Increase general activity levels
Who can benefit from therapy?
Individuals with the following functional problems:
• Persistent position or movement-related dizziness
• Disequilibrium or imbalance
• Increased sensitivity to visual motion stimuli, difficulty focusing
• Secondary complaints such as fatigue, headaches and muscle tension because of dizziness
Certified Vestibular Therapists
Linda D’Silva, PT
Anne Safly, PT, OCS