Employees of Olathe Medical Center may attend this program at no charge.
Welcome, introduction of speakers and overview of training
Orientation to Domestic Violence - Audrey Cress, LMSW, SAFEHOME, Inc.
9:10-9:20 Domestic Violence as a workplace issue - Audrey Cress, LMSW, SAFEHOME, Inc.
Address the impact of Domestic Violence in the Workplace - Audrey Cress, LMSW, SAFEHOME, Inc.
10:00-10:40 Protection from Abuse/Stalking Orders- Susanna vanGelder Coxe, JD, SAFEHOME Staff Attorney
Law Enforcement of Protection Orders- Sergeant David Schroeder, Olathe Polic Department, Patrol Division
Course Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the active learner will:
- Identify domestic violence as a workplace issue.
- Develop strategies to address domestic violence in the workplace..
- Differentiate between Protection from Abuse, Protection from Stalking and Restraining Orders.
- Describe the process to apply and obtain a Protection Order, including where and how frequently one can apply.
- State domestic violence lethality risk factors.
Olathe Medical Center Education Department is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Kansas State Board of Nursing. This course offering is approved for 3 contact hours applicable for RN or LPN relicensure. Kansas State Board of Nursing Approved Provider Number LT0048-0749.