Registration & Introduction
Domestic Violence - Mariaeugenia Alcocer, MA, MPA, SAFEHOME
Legal Remedies - Susanna vanGelder Coxe, MD, SAFEHOME Staff Attorney
10:30 - 11:10 - Law Enforcement - Captain Jack F. Fahrnow, Olathe Police Department
11:10 - 11:30
11:30 - 11:45 Evaluation and Wrap-Up
Course Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the active learner will:·
- Identify the dynamics of Domestic Violence.
- Identify the effects of Domestic Violence in the work setting.
- Describe strategies to address domestic violence in the workplace.
- Describe Law Enforcement response to victims of domestic violence.
- Explain how the Lethality Assessment works.
- Describe legal remedies available to survivors of domestic abuse through the legal system.
Olathe Medical Center Education Department is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Kansas State Board of Nursing. This course offering is approved for 3 contact hours applicable for RN or LPN relicensure. Kansas State Board of Nursing Approved Provider Number LT0048-0749.